Want to Live Longer? Here Are 10 Ways to Improve Your Sleep!
Millions of people around the world struggle to fall and stay asleep at night. While there are a plethora of potential causes for this, many of these issues can be fixed by adjusting your sleeping habits and creating a routine. This will not only allow you to sleep better, but it can also improve your quality of life and ultimately extend your life!
Sleep doctors recommend a variety of measures to help adults and children achieve adequate sleep. In general, all of these approaches are intended to help with relaxation as the desired sleep time approaches, to maintain a comfortable sleep environment, and to encourage a healthful balance of nutrition and exercise. Their recommendations include:
- maintaining a regular sleep-wake schedule
- avoiding caffeine, alcohol, nicotine, and other chemicals that interfere with sleep
- making your bedroom a comfortable sleep environment
- establishing a calming pre-sleep routine
- going to sleep when you’re truly tired
- not watching the clock at night
- using light to your advantage by exposing yourself to light during the day and limiting light exposure in the evening
- not napping too close to your regular bedtime
- eating and drinking enough—but not too much or too soon before bedtime
- exercising regularly—but not too soon before bedtime
One of the best ways to improve your sleep is by adding Carico’s Ultra-Tech Silver Collection mattress with Grounding technology! The most innovative and effective sleep system on the market today! Learn More.